We had a really nice Valentine's Day, just kind of low key and relaxing. We slept in, then met up with Nate's little sister Julie for lunch, who was home from college for the weekend. Rather than fighting the crowds, we thought about getting a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's, but since we don't like Papa Murphy's we decided to make our own! We had a lot of fun with that :) Nate had to run to the office to "find his sunglasses" and came home with a bouquet of purple Gerber daisies! Then he ran back out to the car to "get the rest of his stuff" and came back in with a dozen red roses! The daisies were because "he likes to be unconventional" and the roses were because "they're awesome." After dinner he took me to see Confessions of a Shopaholic, which I loved! Nate was one of very few guys in the theater :)
That weekend I got a bit of a cold, so we decided to stay home and take it easy. I was able to catch up on a ton of sleep, help Nate organize his office (which is a project we've been trying to get too for over a year!), and hang out with some of the wonderful friends we've made here in Fargo. I've been part of a women's Bible study since September, most of which are the wives of guys Nate went to high school with. Friday we went out for dinner with two of these couples, and Saturday another of the couples invited us over to their place for dinner. We are all so busy and often out of town on the weekends, so it was fun to finally be able to connect with them! Here are four of the five girls in my Bible study. I don't think these girls will ever know how much of a blessing they are too me!
If you are still reading this (I'm shocked!) sorry it turned out to be so newsletter-y! I guess I need to be more diligent about posting so my entries don't get so long! I'll write more later. In the mean time, have a wonderful week!




No comments:
Post a Comment