Monday, October 26, 2009

in that phase

So Nate and I are in that phase of life where we are constantly on the road. I can probably count on one hand the number of weekends we have actually been home the past 6 months - and many of those included hosting company. There seems to always be a Vikings game, or a wedding, or the lakes, or family events, or friends to see ... all wonderful reasons that take us away on the weekends. And we love every minute of it!

But the other great thing about being gone all the time, is how wonderful it is when you are home! This weekend was one of those rare weekends that we were home - without any obligations. We did laundry, hung a shelf, vacuumed, mowed the lawn one last time, visited Nate's grandma and had dinner with his aunt, filed papers, worked on Christmas gifts, cleaned the bathroom (and yes scrubbed the shower!), went to our own church, watched football ... it was great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I SOOOO know what you are talking about. Weekends like you've described are just so great when you haven't been home in awhile!

Emily Boote said...

You changed the look of your blog - very nice :) Can cleaning the shower possibly be exciting? You can come clean my bathroom. That has to be the one thing I hate cleaning. I agree with you though, weekends at home are so nice.

Christine said...

I didn't say cleaning the shower was exciting, but having a clean shower is! :)