Sunday night I was really missing my Grandma Pat. Nate and I were talking about our plans for the holidays, and that always sparks so many good memories. One thing I look forward to every year, is my grandma's pumpkin chiffon pie. Thanksgiving really isn't Thanksgiving without her pumpkin chiffon pie.Coincidentally last night, I realized it has been exactly two years since she past away after long a fight with breast cancer.
My grandma taught me so much. She taught me, by example, to be a strong and independent woman - and yet so loving at the same time. She showed me how to be open and accepting of everyone, but also when to be stubborn in my beliefs.
My uncle created a tribute video her memorial service, and posted in on facebook today. In the video is part of her testimony - it made me cry just being able to hear her voice again! If you're interested, I posted it to my facebook page as well.




1 comment:
This is a beautiful post!!
Post a Comment