... and it appears it did! The predicted thunderstorms seem to be staying away. The river seems to be leveling off, and has been bouncing between 34 feet and 33.95 feet since 5 am this morning. They won't call it a crest until the river starts steadily declining, but the new crest prediction is 34.4 feet! They expect it to stay at this depth for a few days, and then start falling on Sunday.
The city is already starting to talk about cleanup! They are working with the US Army Corps of Engineers and FEMA to work out a cleanup plan. That should start next week with the removal of the clay dikes from the roads. The whole process could take over a month! (I'll let you know if we need help.)
All this makes me SO happy! The flood has literaly taken over our lives ... it's taken over the news, our business, every conversation ... I was beginning to think it would never end! Finally the end seems to be in sight.
This makes me even happier because it means we get to go to Arizona this weekend! We've had the trip planned for a while, but didn't think we'd get to go when they were predicting a second high crest for this weekend. Nate and Sam are there right now, golfing. Laneil and I fly down to meet them on Friday! Even though the weather has been beautiful here lately, I'm looking forward to getting out of town for at least 48 hours. (I have to be back for work on Monday morning :) Warm DRY weather here I come!
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment