Many have been asking, so I thought I'd give a little update on the flood situation here.It seems amazing to me that we are even talking about this again! It seems like we just wrapped up last year's flood, times flies I guess.
They were originally projecting the river would crest later than last year, around Easter. But last weekend, they changed there minds. As of today, they are predicting it will crest at 37.5 feet on Sunday morning.
The city is much more calm this year. I guess that is what happens when you plan for weeks ahead of time! They are much more organized, and much more prepared. As of Wednesday night, or for sure Thursday morning, they reported that all the sand bags were delivered and placed! So then it just became a waiting game.
As for Nate's parent's house, well they planned ahead too! Sam built a concrete wall behind his house! (I can't remember exactly how tall it is, but it goes several feet below ground as well.) So, if anything, all that is needed is to tie into the neighbors walls with sandbags.
Here's a photo Jenna took on Tuesday, from the back patio of their house. The water has come up about 7 more feet since then (it's currently at 35.73 ft), but you can see a portion of the wall.
*** Update 3/23/10 ***
The river crested on Sunday morning at 36.99 ft, and is now continuing to go down.
8 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment