Today is a good day. I've been wearing my favorite sweats all day, watching the Olympics, and doing nothing (... well except for loads and loads and loads of laundry!) And it is wonderful.
Well remember in December when I mentioned spending 15 hours working on my husband's Christmas present? Probably not. We'll if you want a reminder, check it out here. So I couldn't tell you about it then, in case he actually read my blog, but I promised to fill you in later. Well not is later, apparently.
Nate was big into sports in high school, and has always wanted a quilt made out of his old jerseys and athletic tshirts. So, with the help of his mom, I decided to take on the challenge! Unfortunately, I did not think to take pictures of the process. But I did remember to take a picture after I was done! (Which is how Nate almost found out about it before Christmas!)
I started by creating a 13" square pattern. Then cut out the front of each shirt/jersey using my pattern. Laneil then helped me iron on backing to each, which was especially helpful for the holey jerseys. Then I cut all the strips. Then sewed it all together. We did not have a machine that can do a quilting stitch, so I paid to have someone do that part (I got the name through a local quilting shop.) That's a pretty simplified explanation, but it really wasn't too difficult - just took a lot longer than I expected!
It was all so worth it when I saw the look on his face on Christmas. :)
My mom got me a sewing machine for Christmas! So I'm now looking for another project to start. Any ideas?




1 comment:
What a GREAT gift! Very well done too; tasteful:)! You should check out etsy.com. It's all handmade stuff for sale; it might inspire you:)!
Post a Comment