
It is indeed a white Christmas this year! As I sit here at my parent's farm in Willmar, the snow is falling. So far we've gotten close to a foot of snow, and we'll likely double that before this winter storm is all said and done - one they are saying could be comparable to the Halloween Snow Storm of 1991!
Though we don't have a big move, new house or new jobs to tell you about ... this year certainly has not been dull! Highlights include Phoenix with the Skaffs, New York with the Kaspersons, David's deployment to Iraq, record flooding in the Red River Valley, 8 weddings, our two year anniversary spent in Chicago, David home for leave over Thanksgiving, and saying goodbye to Nate's grandpa as he went home to be with the Lord after 94 years on this earth.
As I sit inside my parent's warm and cozy house, watching the snow and wind outside, I am struck once again by all that God has blessed us with. With all the craziness of life, and the mad dash to get ready for the holidays, it is so great to have some time set aside at the end of the year to reflect and focus on what is most important - that the Lord humbled himself, came to this earth as a little baby, and then sacrificed his own life so that we could be saved and spend eternity with Him.
But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Love, Nathan & Christine




2 comments:
Christine...what a fun blog! I am so happy for your family that David is home! What program do you use to create your header and your holiday card?! They are great...
Thanks Melissa! I love hearing your updates on Jackson too!
I created our Christmas card using Photoshop and Indesign (both of which I'm still learning!) You can get some great, free digital scrapbooking stuff online. I got the embellishments for our card at http://projectcenter.creativememories.com/digital/digital-freebies/
My header is actually from www.shabbyblogs.com. I was going to create my own, but then I found this one and liked it so much! I just added my photo and walla! So easy. She has great blog backgrounds as well.
I'll have to do a blog post soon and share other greats sites I've found!
Post a Comment