Last year I planted flowers in several pots around our front door, and they seemed to do ok. We also have this little strip between our sidewalk and garage, too small for grass, but big enough that it demands something! Last year I wimped out and just covered it in wood chips, with a few potted plants.
Well, in the fall I got ambitious. I actually decided to try transplanting! I got several yellow day lilies from my boss, and peonies from my mom. I spent two mosquito-filled nights planting them, and then all winter wondering if anything would even come up. Well ... take a look!
Then I got an even bigger surprise. Some of the annual flowers (I think they were asters, I can't remember) are coming back!
Now to figure out what to plant in the rest of my pots ... I just may figure this green thumb thing out after all - but I'm not holding my breath.




2 comments:
Isn't gardening fun? We had a garden last summer....but it did not do so hot. Can't wait till we have ouur own yard to plant flowers and things. Keep up the green thumb!
Great job... they look super.
Post a Comment