Things that remind me of Christmases as a kid:
- Decorating the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving
- Brown bags of peanuts & taffy at the Christmas Eve service
- Studying the JCPenney toy catalog and picking out toys I wanted for Christmas
- Home-made fudge
- Playing with the Fontanini nativity set, and wrapping baby Jesus up in “swaddling clothes” – aka Kleenex
- Watching Miracle on 34th Street on TV
- Spunky, my cat, sleeping under the Christmas tree
- Driving around looking at Christmas lights after the Night of Music program at church
The past few years I have heard my self say, “After we get through … the wedding, the holidays, the move, once I find job, the summer ... things will start to slow down a little.” Well, I have had an epiphany: things may never slow down! If this is the case for you as well, and I’m sure it is for many of you, make sure you take a step back this Christmas and remember the excitement of Christmas as a little child and what this holiday is all about—the day baby Jesus was born!
This year has brought many changes for us, starting with a move from Maple Grove, MN to Moorhead, MN on January 20th, in the negative 30-degree weather! In March we bought a home, and moved once again. We are loving our place and really starting to feel like this is our home.
Nate started working with his dad at Skaff Apartments in January as well. They have definitely stayed busy this year with the construction of a new 79-unit apartment building in Fargo. In April, an answer to prayer, I started working as the Marketing Specialist at Peterson Farms Seed, a local corn and soybean grower and supplier. The company is owned by an amazing Christian couple, and I have been having a lot of fun planning events, creating marketing pieces, and learning a lot!
We hope that this holiday season finds you comfy, cozy, happy and well. If for some reason, you aren’t … well, hot apple cider has been a favorite remedy of ours this winter! Merry Christmas!
Romans 15:13





No comments:
Post a Comment