Wednesday, August 31, 2011

socks

I am sad that summer is almost over. Sad that the nights are getting colder, that lake season is coming to a close. But sad also because it means I'm going to have to start putting socks on Ella again. Her outfits are infinitely cuter without socks. And anyone who has a baby knows the nuisance that baby socks are. It is quite the undertaking to find socks that are cute, fit your baby right, and (gasp) actually stay on. And then as soon as you do, their feet grow. So summer has been fantastic in that I can just send her off to daycare completely barefoot.

Yesterday was a little rainy and a little cool, and Ella has been fighting a cough. So good mother that I am, I decided she needed to wear socks. Ella hasn't worn socks since May - meaning half her life has now gone by without them. So when I put them on her last night to go out for pizza with Nate's grandma, they were a completely new thing to her! They were like a brand new toy.

So now it will be a challenge to keep them on her - not because they don't fit, but because she thinks it is a grand game to take them off!








Hi Mom!

1 comment: