We first starting talking about baby names back in May. At the time I was still feeling like we were going to have a boy. The only trouble was, we could not come up with a name! We knew what the middle name would be Samuel - after Nate's dad, grandpa, and his own middle name. But everything we came up with for a first name either was already taken by a family member, didn't work for initials (can you imagine an Andrew Samuel Skaff?), or we just didn't agree on.
But a girls name? That was a different story.
Over a year ago, before we had even started to think about trying to have a baby, I mentioned a name to Nate and - to my surprise - he really liked it! So when we started talking about names back in May, I mentioned the name again. He still really liked it - even though he didn't remember liking it a year ago! We decided at that point that we were about 90% sure that would be her name - if she was a girl!
Then the week before the ultrasound we started talking about names again. Still the same trouble with boys names. When we talked about girls' names, I mentioned another name I really liked. Nate said it was ok. Then I mentioned THE name again. Nate got a big old grin on his face - and I knew that was her name.
So when the ultrasound technician announced, "It's a Girl!", we instantly knew what her name was going to be. We also knew that we would tell our friends and family right away that we were having a girl, and we thought it would be fun to able to share the name with everyone right away as well. So in the waiting room waiting to see our OB, we made it official. We're having a girl, and her name is Ella Kate!
Knowing Ella is a girl, and actually being able to call her by her name has made things more real than ever. I am not so excited and anxious for her to get here! I just cannot wait to see what she will look like and who she will be. I love her so much already!
8 years ago





1 comment:
I am so excited for you guys! What a beautiful name. I know you both will be amazing parents. How are you feeling?
Post a Comment